Wednesday, March 7, 2007

DOD - what's happening with you?

Since my return last week, DOD has slowed down. He's still eating, but not with his usual gusto and he's no longer the first one up in the morning. On Monday Susan gave him bath and a massage, which he seemed to enjoy immensely. He even got his toes done!

He doesn't seem to be ill, just lethargic...spending a lot of time sleeping....but ready to go for his car rides.

I'm a bit concerned. Something is amiss. It's almost like he's in a form of "doggy Alzheimers" with the fog that surrounds it. I'm going to call Dianne today to see if she will check him out before I leave for Canada.

I've got to go up to look at possibilities for a new home for our move in June. Part of my rationale is to find a place where we can walk together by a river. DOD loves the Concord River. On our walk Sunday he headed right for the river where we checked out all of the animal tracks on the river bed and scanned the sky for birds. Unfortunately, all of the ducks are still on vacation in warmer climes, so we didn't get to run and chase any ducks.

Ever since my experience with Molly, I tend to get a bit panicky when things aren't perfect. I'm going to call the vet as soon as they open and make an appointment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just something minor.

No comments: