Friday, December 22, 2006

Introduction to my "new" old dog

This old dog has a large piece of my heart. He's my dog and I'm his person.

If you'd like to know about how he came into my life, you can read his story on the following blogs:

Holling

Molly

We've been hanging around together for the past year and he finally decided that he likes it enough to stay with me forever.

As his eyesight becomes dimmer, his hearing faint and his gait hesitant, I find myself reflecting on our year together and looking forward to the next year.

We've enjoyed some adventures and it's time that I started to journal them so that we don't lose the meaning of each moment.

Sharon

2 comments:

marcanello52 said...

I love your old dog!
I have a not-so-old dog, Pancha, (9), who is a great friend and companion.
She's a German Shepherd, but she has lived for so long in Argentina that she has become an expert thief!
She steals food from the kitchen counter and tidbits from my grandchildren, but apart from that personality trait, she is happy and friendly and very patient and affectionate with the children, we LOVE Pancha!
Best regards, H,
Marcela

Sharon said...

Hi Pancha,

Sorry that I haven't responded earlier, but we lost the blog for awhile somewhere in cyberspace. Sharon was trying out new layouts and it just disappeared. I think we're back in business now :-)

I don't speak Spanish, but I'd love to meet a "mature woman" from Argentina:-)- especially one who likes to cruise the counters for food. In dog years, you're perfect for me!

Do you think that Marcela could send a picture of you so that I could put it on my blog? I'd love to see how beautiful you are.

Woof, woof
Holling