Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Secret Santa(s) came early Christmas morning

I was surprised to find the red flag up on my mailbox early Christmas morning as H and I started out for our leisurely morning stroll. When we returned home I opened the mail box to find a special Christmas present from two dog lovers and friends of ours, Dao and Jack.

Angel Dogs is a quick and delightful read! I've always believed that animals are among our best teachers and the stories in this book serve to reaffirm that belief. H must have shared my thoughts as he contentedly slept by my chair while I read through parts of the book yesterday. Occasionally he would awaken briefly and glance at me with his wise German Shepherd Dog gaze.

The connection between animals and their people is unique. Ever since I was a tiny child I have had a deep love of and respect for four legged-furries. In my case, there's been a connection with the furries that spans over half of a century. The bonus for me has been the terrific people that I've met through our shared love of animals. It's been my experience that "animal people" are usually pretty decent folks!

The authors, Allen and Linda Anderson maintain a website full of interesting stories and links. They've also written a new book about animals in disasters like hurricane Katrina.

No comments: