Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Today is the day

Well, it seems like it has taken such a long time to set everything up but we're going to get ready in a few minutes to leave for the hospital and the M.R.I.

Part of me is dreading this and yet part of me wants to know what's happening. My DOD has been restless for the past week, no doubt as a result of this unbearable heat and rain forest humidity. There have been several nights when neither of us slept very well, even with air conditioning, but he's breathing easier this morning. I got my good morning tail wag and nose kiss.

Didn't George Bernard Shaw say that no man is an island? I think that the same is true for women. I've been dreading this day and am relieved that a bridge has been built to my island through the support of the members of http://www.gsrne.org/ who will be joining me today.

All this fuss over a dog? Well, yeah....he's my dog and I'm his person. Yes, I love him and I'm glad that I've had the opportunity to do so because it doesn't appear that he had much before he graced my life. Like Mo Chuisle did before him, he's taught me a lot about life. And yes, I keep on learning.

Time to go.

Sharon

No comments: