Thursday, September 18, 2008

More of the September Song



It seems like Holling's friends are destined to move on without him.  Whiskas and Sam were his best friends.  Of all my cats, they seemed to love him the best.

It was Whiskas who walked with Holling and me every evening just before bed.  Whiskas would come up stairs from her bed and wait by the door as I went to get the leash.  We would then take our stroll around the block with Whiskey keeping pace paw for paw with Holling.  She loved to walk under his chin and rub up against him.  I know that he's going to miss that, as will I.

Sleep Well Whiskas and wait for us at the Rainbow Bridge.
If tears could build a stairway,
And memories were a lane,
I would walk right up to heaven,
And bring you home again,
No farewells were spoken,
No time for goodbye,
You were gone before I knew it,
Only the universe knows why...

Sharon and DOD

No comments: